Leading Edge Specialized Dentistry
Services We Provide
Leading Edge Specialized Dentistry & Dental Implant Solutions provides dental services in Dix Hills, New York. Call 631-351-3444 or contact us today to learn more and schedule an appointment.
We offer the following dental and periodontal services:
- Non-surgical periodontal care. Treatments and procedures that are used to treat conditions affecting the support structures for the teeth that do not require any cutting of tissue are considered to be non-surgical. This includes Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP), a procedure that encourages regeneration of the gums, bone, and ligaments that support the teeth.
- Periodontal maintenance. Periodic deep cleaning removes plaque and calculus that form on the teeth and cause gum disease, an infection of the gum tissue. We recommend a periodontal maintenance schedule based on your specific needs.
- Cosmetic Dentistry. Cosmetic treatments and procedures are designed to improve the appearance of your teeth. Gum contouring, crown lengthening, crowns, veneers, bone grafting, and dental implants are all examples of cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Surgical periodontal care. Some periodontal treatments are surgical, meaning they require some cutting of the tissues in your mouth. Bone grafting, crown lengthening, and gum grafting are all types of surgical periodontal procedures.
- Dental implants. Dental implants are artificial teeth with titanium roots that are surgically implanted in the jaw bone. They provide the appearance and function of a natural tooth and often last a lifetime.
- TRUETEETH® Dental Implants. You can get a new smile in as little as one day with TRUETEETH® Dental Implants. They replace your missing teeth with a full arch denture that is supported by a few dental implants.
- Dentures. When some or all of your teeth need to be replaced, dentures are a functional solution. Dentures can replace all of the teeth in a single arch or just some of the teeth with a partial denture.
- Sedation dentistry. Patients who are anxious or nervous about dental procedures may benefit from sedation dentistry. We provide nitrous oxide, conscious oral sedation, and IV sedation to help you feel more relaxed.
Why Choose Leading Edge Specialized Dentistry?
We specialize in periodontics, which is the field of dentistry that addresses the support structures for the teeth including the gums, ligaments, cementum, and jaw bone. Gum disease is one of the most common conditions affecting people’s oral health, and we provide a variety of treatments that can cure it, prevent it from returning, and repair the damage caused by it.
Our patients are our top priority, and we strive to make your experience as comfortable as possible. We provide sedation options to help reduce the anxiety and stress you may feel about dental care, allowing you to get the treatment you need for a lifetime of dental and oral health. Treating the problem at the source allows us to provide lasting results that can save your teeth and keep them in place for the rest of your life.
Frequently Asked Questions
What causes gum disease?
Gum disease is a bacterial infection of the gum tissue. It is caused by plaque, a sticky film of food residue and bacteria that clings to the teeth. When it is not removed by brushing, flossing, or dental cleanings, it may harden into calculus. The bacteria contained in plaque and calculus can infect the gum tissue, causing a range of symptoms from bleeding gums to loose teeth.
Can you fix imperfections in my smile?
If you are dissatisfied with your smile when you look at yourself in the mirror or in pictures, cosmetic dentistry may be able to help. We provide a range of cosmetic services from veneers to crown lengthening that can improve your smile.
Why should I see a periodontist?
Your dentist may refer you to a periodontist if you have gum disease that is difficult to treat or that has progressed beyond what your general dentist is equipped to handle. You may also need a periodontist if you have other problems affecting the support structures for your teeth or if you need dental implants.
Is periodontics covered by insurance?
Many periodontal treatments and procedures are covered by insurance, as long as they are necessary for your dental health. Cosmetic procedures that primarily serve to improve the appearance of your teeth are not typically covered.
To learn more, call 631-351-3444 or contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Directions from Dix Hills
Turn right onto Greenbriar Ln
Turn left onto Candlewood Path
Slight left to stay on Candlewood Path
Turn right toward Vanderbilt Pkwy
Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Vanderbilt Pkwy
Turn right onto Deer Pk Ave
Slight right onto the ramp to Northern Parkway W/New York
Merge onto Northern State Pkwy
Take exit 40 toward NY-110 S/Walt Whitman Rd
Turn left onto NY-110 S/Walt Whitman Rd
Slight right onto Walt Whitman Rd
Leading Edge Specialized Dentistry will be on the right