What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry includes any dental or periodontal procedure that improves the appearance of your teeth or restores your smile. It can involve making changes to the teeth, the gum tissue, or the jaw bone. Some cosmetic procedures are surgical and others are non-surgical. Crowns, veneers, gum grafting, crown lengthening, bone grafting, and even dental implants are considered to be cosmetic procedures.
Enhancing Your Smile
Are you completely satisfied with your smile? Many patients would like to improve their smile, but they’re not sure how to go about it. Whether you have missing teeth, stained teeth, crooked teeth, gaps, uneven lengths, chips, or other imperfections, cosmetic dental procedures can provide a solution. One or a combination of procedures can improve the appearance of your existing teeth or replace missing teeth with natural looking prosthetics. Enhance your smile with the help of Leading Edge Specialized Dentistry.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dental and periodontal procedures have many benefits:
- Improve your smile. The ultimate goal of cosmetic procedures is to improve the appearance of your teeth, which gives you a more aesthetically pleasing smile.
- Improve your overall appearance. Beyond just your smile, cosmetic dentistry can improve your facial structure by regenerating the bone in your jaw.
- Gain confidence. When you feel better about yourself when you look in the mirror or at pictures of yourself, you gain confidence you may not have had before.
- Improve your dental and oral health. Many cosmetic procedures also improve your dental and oral health, which is an added benefit.
- Cover stubborn tooth stains. Some tooth stains can’t be removed with teeth whitening treatments. Veneers can cover stubborn stains on your teeth.
- Replace missing teeth. Dental implants provide a functional, natural looking replacement for teeth that are missing or can’t be saved.
- Reshape teeth to be uniform. Veneers can make uneven, crooked, or chipped teeth look uniform.
- Correct a gummy smile. Crown lengthening removes excess gum tissue to reveal a normal amount of tooth material.
- Reshape your jaw. Bone loss in the jaw occurs due to missing teeth or severe gum disease. Bone grafting can replace and regenerate this lost bone material.
Are You a Good Candidate for Cosmetic Dentistry?
There are many different situations that would make someone a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry. If you have bone loss in your jaw due to missing teeth, a “gummy” smile, severely decayed teeth, stained teeth, receding gums, or other imperfections, you may benefit from cosmetic dentistry. After a consultation and evaluation we can recommend the best cosmetic procedure or combination of procedures to help you achieve your goals.
Are You a Good Candidate for Smile Enhancement?
If you are dissatisfied with your smile when you look in the mirror or see yourself in pictures, cosmetic dentistry may be right for you. We can enhance your smile so that it looks natural, only better through a variety of procedures and treatments.
Why Choose Leading Edge Specialized Dentistry?
When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, you need someone with skill and experience to help you get the results you’re looking for. You want to look natural and like yourself, only better. Leading Edge Specialized Dentistry offers a variety of cosmetic procedures that will improve your appearance and in some cases improve your dental health as well. We provide judgment free, compassionate care in a modern office with the latest technological equipment to make your experience as comfortable as possible.